Table of Contents
What is Coding Language?
Coding language is a computer language that programmers (developers) use to communicate with computers. It is a set of guidelines created in any particular language such as Scale, Java, Python to carry out a certain task.
Different Types of Coding Languages for Kids
There are three kinds of Coding Languages for Kids:
1. Low-level Language
Low-level programming languages are machine-dependent programming languages. Because the processor processes low-level programs directly without using a compiler or interpreter, they can be executed very quickly.
Low-level language is further subdivided into two parts:
- Machine Language
- Assembly Language
2. Middle-level Programming Language
In between low-level and high-level programming languages is a middle-level programming language. High-level programming capability, user friendly, and close links to both machine and human languages are some of the advantages.
Examples: Scala, C and C++
3. High-Level Programming Language
The high-level programming language requires a compiler or interpreter to transform the program into machine language (execute the program). High-level languages’ main benefit is that they are simple to read, write, and maintain.
A high-level language is divided into three parts:
- Procedural Oriented Programming Language
Examples: C, FORTRAN, Basic, Pascal, etc.
- Object Oriented Programming Language
Examples: C++, Java, Python, C#, etc.
1. Scala Language For Kids
Created By: Martin Odersky
Scala is an abbreviation for Scalable language. Scala is a multi-paradigm, general-purpose programming language. It’s an object-oriented programming language with functional capabilities. Scala has been greatly influenced by Java and a few other programming languages, like Lisp, Haskell, Pizza, etc.
Benefits of Using Scala Language for Kids
1. Since Scala is more similar to other widely used programming languages for kids like Java, C, and C++, anyone can easily learn Scala.
2. Scala’s source code is structured so that its compiler can understand Java classes, resulting in close interaction with Java.
3. Both desktop and web apps are supported by Scala.
4. The code is clearer, easier to read, and error-free.
2. Scratch Language For Kids
Created By: MIT Media Lab’s Lifelong Kindergarten Team
Launched: May 2007 (Downloadable Desktop Programme)
Although Scratch is designed for children aged 8 to 11, older children and adults can still use it, even if they have no prior experience of programming languages. A simple visual programming language that allows children to create digital stories, games, and animations. Scratch was created and is managed by the nonprofit Scratch Foundation.
Benefits of Using Scratch Language For Kids
1. Scratch’s user interface is straightforward to understand.
2. With the use of technology, it enables pupils to build 21st-century abilities.
3. Scratch is available in over 70 languages and is always free to use.
3. Python Language For Kids
Created By: Guido van Rossum
Launched: February 20, 1991(1st version of Python)
A well-liked high-level, all-purpose, object-oriented programming language is Python. Programming syntax allows programmers to convey their ideas in fewer lines of code.
A programming language called Python makes it possible to complete tasks quickly and integrate systems more successfully. It is one of the programming languages for kids with the quickest rate of growth, and software developers, mathematicians, data analysts, scientists, network engineers, students, and accountants all utilize it.
Benefits of Using Python For Kids
1. Python is simple to read, learn, and write.
2. Python, as an interpreted language, executes the code line by line. In the event of a mistake, it halts further operation and communicates the fault that occurred.
3. Python is released under an open-source license recognized by the OSI. As a result, it is open source and free to use.
4. Java Language For Kids
Created By: Guido van Rossum
Launched: February 20, 1991(1st version of Python)
The father of Java is regarded as James Gosling. Programming with Java is high level and object-oriented. It is used to construct embedded devices, large data processing, desktop and mobile applications, and more. Oracle believes that 3 billion devices globally run Java, making Java one of the most extensively used programming languages.
Benefits of Using Java Language for Kids
1. To learn Java is simple and comprehensible.
2. Java is platform-independent, which means that the code can run natively on several platforms without needing to be built every time.
3. Java has an access-rules-indicating security strategy that was created for each application, making it secure.
4. Java is frequently updated in order to fix issues. As a result, Java is one of the most trustworthy programming languages available.
5. Java is affordable and simple to maintain since its applications may be simply run on any machine, which cuts down on the additional maintenance costs.
5. HTML and CSS Language For Kids
Created By: Tim Berners-Lee
Created By: Håkon Wium Lie
HTML and CSS are two of the most commonly used technologies for creating Web pages. While CSS is in charge of the page layout (auditory and visual coding), HTML offers the page structure.
In essence, HTML was developed to define web pages and make content you use more dynamic. A text within a text is what is meant by hypertext. It serves as the foundation for constructing a webpage. Elements, tags, and attributes make up HTML’s three fundamental building blocks.
Background color, styling, layout, borders, and shadows are all essential design components that give a website a professional, upscale appearance and are all accomplished with CSS. To distinguish between presentation and content, HTML elements can have their appearance and feel changed using CSS.
Benefits of Using HTML
1. HTML is an easy-to-learn language to pick up and comprehend. The first and most crucial language anyone learning web programming will come across is HTML.
2. One of the most significant advantages of HTML is that it is completely free.
3. Nearly all web browsers, such as Google, Safari, Opera, and others, support HTML.
Benefits of Using CSS Language for Kids
1. The main advantage of CSS is that it consistently applies the style to different web pages.
2. Cascading sheets make website construction and maintenance easier because a single line of code modification affects the entire website and maintenance time.
3. Since a variety of smart devices can be used to visit websites online, CSS updates are device friendly.
4. It saves a lot of time to create CSS just once and then use it on various HTML pages.
Top 6 Reasons Why Every Kid Should Learn to Code
1. Programming teaches kids how to solve problems.
Kids are better able to understand how things work when they learn the fundamentals of coding and technology. They also discover how math is used by software programmers to find creative and sensible answers to problems.
2. Computer program teaching enables kids to become resilient.
Learning to code helps kids develop greater resiliency in the face of obstacles.
You may learn from mistakes when you fail and try again. Children who learn to code have the opportunity to test things out and keep trying until they get the desired outcome.
3. Children learn how to think through coding.
Writing successful code requires logical thinking on the part of the programmer. They must be able to identify large problems and break them down into smaller ones in order to effectively address them. The decomposition process is one of the fundamental principles of computational thinking.
4. When a kid learns to code, their creativity grows.
It’s crucial for kids to learn to code because it gives kids the possibility to create something entirely on their own. Youngsters thrive when they receive positive feedback after creating something they enjoy. Learning to code gives young people the chance to be self-assured and produce something entertaining and engaging.
5. Children can learn to enjoy math through coding.
Learning to program requires a variety of skills, including data analysis and organization. Making something from scratch while applying logic and calculating techniques can make math more interesting and enjoyable.
6. Future of computer science programming.
Knowing how to code is a really useful skill to have, especially with the way the world is evolving. No matter what area a child chooses to work in, whether it be the technological sector, they will have an advantage in life if they learn to code because there will be more job options available to them in the future.
igebra.ai offers to code for kids. The classes are designed to teach the concepts of objects oriented programming, where kids will learn how to code. By the conclusion of the program, kids will be able to create video games, work on app development, and much more.
Each child can pick up programming skills and develop them. The foundations of children’s programming should be understood by anyone who intends to work with computers in the future. But, with so many different kid-friendly programming languages available, selecting the perfect one for your kids can be difficult. We hope the summary of the five programming languages provided above would be helpful to kids who are interested in learning to code.